Mirror Image

What do you see when you look in the mirror?



When I look, I usually see flaws. Bags under my eyes, wrinkles…and why don’t I have longer eyelashes? Very rarely do I like what I see.

But the problem isn’t the mirror. It’s my mindset when I face my own reflection. I have a choice. I can choose to see a Beautiful Child of God, or a tired woman who wants what she wasn’t born with. One attitude will result in feelings of joy and worthiness. The other will result in feelings of sadness and unworthiness.

The attitude I choose will be a powerful indicator of just how far I’ll go in fulfilling God’s will.

The sky’s the limit for the Children of God, and they know it. Accepting the Father's will is exciting, because he calls and he equips. His children don't ask for all the answers. There is peace knowing that God will provide the way and the words.


Do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.  Luke 12:12



Claiming my birthright as a Child of God, I am an overcomer and an achiever. It doesn’t matter what’s happened in the past. If I join with him, I can move mountains.

On the other hand, if I choose to regard myself as unattractive, unworthy and ‘less than’, I doom myself to a life of limits. It’s a very costly attitude. If negative feelings barge in and take over my soul, I'll have to live with tight restrictions over what I can do. The longer I think this way, the more real the limits become.

“I won’t. I can’t do anything right anyway.” My negative self image becomes a tyrant, telling me to stay where I am. If I continue down this path, I'll start to see myself as junk. But as we all know, God doesn’t make that. 

Our Father wants his children to love themselves, and realize how beautiful and worthy they are. To him, we are pearls of great price, precious and loved beyond anything we can imagine. Sure, we have faults. But God loves us all right through them.


And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons…nothing in creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God…    Romans 8:38-39


We can admit that we are weak, because he is strong. We can accept that we can’t do anything alone, because we'll never have to be. These truths set us free, and we can be joyful in the Lord who can do all things. 

Let’s promise the Lord that we'll look in that mirror with eyes of faith. Let's always see ourselves as the Children of God.

In him, we can do all things. Won’t matter what mirror we use. We’ll always be beautiful. 

And the sky will really be the limit.

I am sorry to say that I had to add 'word verification' back on the comments. I am getting a lot of spam. I hope that someday I can take it off again. I apologize for the inconvenience.