Truth


FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY

So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. While the kids are changing into their swimming suits, while the popcorn is popping, while the dog is outside doing his business, while the show cuts to commercial. Just five minutes.

Today, the prompt is: Truth



It always seems to come down to that one, clarifying moment. The moment of truth. It might not be pretty, but we all need to hear it.


You have toilet paper on your shoe.

There’s a seed in your teeth.

What you just said really hurt me.

I can’t see you anymore.

We’re out of Nutella.
 (Believe me, this is a tragedy in some circles.)


But there’s another kind moment of truth. This one is pretty, and we all need to hear it too.


I love your haircut.

When you prayed over me, I was at peace.

You did a great job organizing that project.

I’d love to see you again.

We’ve got plenty of Nutella. 


Yes, they are only moments, but they change the way we feel, move and have our being. They can be embarrassing or disappointing, as well as supportive and encouraging. All of it truth, all of it real.

Truth is powerful. Dispense yours wisely.

Oh…and here’s a tip. Stock up on Nutella. You’ll make someone’s day.

And that’s the truth.

Linking today with: Five Minute Friday