Belong

Belong? Yes, please!

Is there a sweeter word in the English language than ‘belong?’ Maybe you would say ‘love’—but what is love, but the ultimate form of belonging?

When I meet someone for the first time, I ask things like, “Where do you work?” or “What is your family like?” I guess what I am really asking is; “Where do you belong?” If I have no first hand knowledge of you, I get an idea of who you are by where you belong.

Belonging somewhere places us in a community. And we were all born for a life lived in community.

So good questions to ask myself should not be limited to: “Where do I belong?” I should be asking:  “Does that place allow you to come along too?”

Is my community a place that does not nurture growth and acceptance? Because if it doesn’t; I need to get out of there. That’s more like a restricted club with seats for only a few. That’s not for me.

So will I join you in your travels? Of course! 

Let’s face the sun together. But I want you to be sure that you are welcome into mine too. Let’s link arms with as many people as possible…because we belong together.


Linking today with: Five Minute Fridayhttp://lisajobaker.com/